SPOUSE NON IMMIGRANT VISAS
Spouse Non-Immigrant (K-3) Visas
The K-3 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States citizen. This visa category is intended to shorten the physical separation between the foreign-citizen and U.S. citizen spouses by having the option to obtain a nonimmigrant K-3 visa overseas and enter the United States to await approval of the immigrant visa petition. The foreign-citizen spouse must file the application to adjust status within 90 days of entering the United States.
If a foreign-citizen spouse has a child (under 21 and unmarried), a K-4 non-immigrant visa may be available to him or her.
Fees are charged for the following services:
- Filing a Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130
- Filing an Alien Fiancé(e) Petition, Form I-129F
- Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-160 (required for each K visa applicant)
- Medical examination (required for each K visa applicant; costs vary from post to post)
- Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and travel expenses to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.
- Filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
Call KZ Law Offices today to schedule your consultation at (781) 343-1606.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to recieve a confidential initial consultation.