A foreign national who wishes to enter the United States for a temporary period of time either for business, pleasure or both must first obtain a visa. Visa type depends on the reason for entering the United States.
B-1 Visa permits the foreign national to enter the United States temporary for business. The following activities are permitted with a visitor visa:
- consult with business associates
- attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference
- settle an estate
- negotiate a contract
B-2 Visa permits the foreign national to enter the United States temporary for tourism, pleasure or visiting. The following activities are permitted with a visitor visa:
- vacation (holiday)
- visit with friends or relatives
- medical treatment
- participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
- participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
- enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)
- Non-refundable visa application fee-The applicant is required to pay it before the interview.
- Visa Issuance Fee- When visitor visa is approved, the applicant may also be required to pay a visa issuance fee, if applicable to the applicant’s nationality.
Call KZ Law Offices today to schedule your consultation at (781) 343-1606.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to recieve a confidential initial consultation.