A foreign national who would like to study as a full-time student in the United States must obtain a student visa. The following types of visas are available for students:
- F-1 Visa– allows the student to enter the United States to attend an accredited college or university.
- M-1 Visa– allows the student to enter the country to attend a non-academic institution in the United States.
- J-1 Visa– allows the student to enter the United States to participate in a student exchange program.
To enter the United States on F-1, M-1 or J-1 Visa the student must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be enrolled in an “academic” educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program;
- The student’s school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement;
- The student must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution;
- The student must be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency;
- The student must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study; and
- The student must maintain a residence abroad which he/she has no intention of giving up.
Call KZ Law Offices today to schedule your consultation at (781) 343-1606.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to recieve a confidential initial consultation.