Student Visas

A foreign national who would like to study as a full-time student in the United States must obtain a student visa. The following types of visas are available for students:

  • F-1 Visa– allows the student to enter the United States to attend an accredited college or university.
  • M-1 Visa– allows the student to enter the country to attend a non-academic institution in the United States.
  • J-1 Visa– allows the student to enter the United States to participate in a student exchange program.

To enter the United States on F-1, M-1 or J-1 Visa the student must meet the following criteria:

  • The student must be enrolled in an “academic” educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program;
  • The student’s school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement;
  • The student must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution;
  • The student must be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency;
  • The student must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study; and
  • The student must maintain a residence abroad which he/she has no intention of giving up.

Call KZ Law Offices today to schedule your consultation at (781) 343-1606.

Kat Shnayder

Kat (Katya) Shnayder, Esq.
Kat ZavadskayaReviewsout of 3 reviews
Kat ZavadskayaClients’ ChoiceAward 2019





Fill out the form below to recieve a confidential initial consultation.